SAFTSE E-COURSE Anchorage
SAFTSE course “Anchorage” contains video and audio tutorials describing various methods securing a tent or membrane structure to Mother Earth. The course does not suggest anchoring requirements, that burden of proof falls on the installer. However, it demonstrates several anchoring solutions and their success or failure to be compliant with the model code.
Welcome E-Course "Anchorage"
- We will refer to all tents and membrane structures as tents
- AHJ is the acronym for Authorities Having Jurisdiction, and we are lumping all of you under one heading versus calling you a fire marshal, building code official, code official, or what you use at your home base
- There are sererval boxes that have a background picture of a microphone. Select the arrow and follow along with the instructions.
- In chapters 2,3 and 4 you will find a photo that has an arrow. Click on the arrow and watch the video.
- When we mention boxes, we are referring to individual sections that divide the page. Each box has a title or image, and we will refer to each one during the audio discussions
So, let’s get started by entering your username and password. Then begin Chapter One!
Setting the Stage
We begin by setting the stage and its cast of characters. The testing equipment consists of a tow truck, dynamometer, strap, and tow truck operator impersonating Mother Nature. As the plot thickens the next five videos show Peter demonstrating the holding power of stakes with various lengths and the last video finishes with debunking a staking myth.